- Admire the magnificent views of the Atlas Mountains while crossing Tizi N’Tichka pass, the highest pass in Africa (2260m).
- Discover the famous Kasbah of Ait Ben Haddou a UNESCO world heritage since 1987.
- Visit Ouarzazat, Morocco’s Hollywood, and then pass by Roses valley through the road of thousand Kasbah.
- Admire the stunning Dades and Todra gorges.
- Enjoy a unique experience in Merzouga desert.
- Experience the local lifestyle by riding camel in the high dunes of Merzouga and see one of the most extraordinary sunrises in the world.
- Spend an unforgettable night under the stars enjoying Berber songs in the middle of the Great Sahara.
This trip to the desert of Merzouga from Marrakech in a private desert tour across the Atlas mountains, the oasis of Tafilalet and the gigantic dunes of Erg Chabbi in 3 days are almost the perfect way to discover the diversity of natural and historical heritage of the south of Morocco.
Day 1: Marrakech > Tizi -n-Tichka > Ait Benhaddou > Ouarzazate > Dades Valley / Gorges
After pick up from your accommodation, you will cross the Great Atlas Mountains then stop at the Tizi N ‘Tichka pass to enjoy the magnificent panoramic views. You will afterwards pass through Telouet village to reach the fortified and spectacular Kasbah Ait Ben Haddou (a UNESCO world heritage) known for having hosted many stages of world’s movies bestsellers. After visiting the Kasbah, you will have your lunch on the spot or once arrived at Ouarzazate (called also Hollywood of Morocco as per its famous cinema studios. You will continue your adventure through the road of thousand Kasbahs crossing Roses valley of roses then you will spend the night in a hotel and enjoy a magnificent view of the valley.
Day 2: Dades Gorges > Tenghir > Todra Gorges > Tinjdad > Erfoud > Merzouga
After breakfast, you will discover the fantastic Dades Gorges and then continue your tour to reach Erg Chebbi the Great Sahara Desert passing through many Berber villages, Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud the beginning of the Saharan oasis of Tafilalet. After a short break in Merzouga, you will ride camels for over an hour at the big dunes of Merzouga to attend, at the end of the course, the fantastic sunset. After a traditional dinner with Berber rhythms, you will spend the night under the stars in a nomad tent in the middle of the desert. It’s an opportunity to get closer to Nomads and discover their lifestyle while repeating few Berber songs.
Day 3: Merzouga > Ouarzazate > Marrakech
Early in the morning, you will enjoy unforgettable moments attending a magical sunrise from the top of the largest dunes of the Great Sahara. You will return to the hotel in Merzouga after a 2nd camel ride to have breakfast and shower. Then you will leave the city to discover Todra Valley and its splendid gorges then pass by Tinghir, Boumalene-Dades, Ouarzazate and Atlas Mountains to finally arrive to Marrakech in the evening.
Temprano por la mañana, disfrutará de momentos inolvidables asistiendo a un mágico amanecer desde la cima de las dunas más grandes del Gran Sahara. Regresará al hotel en Merzouga después de un segundo paseo en camello para desayunar y ducharse. Luego, saldrá de la ciudad para descubrir el valle de Todra y sus espléndidas gargantas, luego pasará por Tinghir, Boumalene-Dades, Ouarzazate y las montañas del Atlas para finalmente llegar a Marrakech por la noche.
- Round trip transfer from your accommodation on a comfortable and air-conditioned transport
- A multilingual professional driver
- Accommodation in an authentic hotel in Dades, private room with AC (cooler & heater), includes dinner and breakfast.
- Accommodation in a nomadic bivouac in the dunes of Merzouga, private tent, dinner and breakfast included.
- Camel ride in the dunes of Merzouga
What's not Included
- Lunches and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Monument’s entrance fees
Know before you go
Wear appropriate season clothing, knowing that it is hot in summer and cold in winter. Vegetarian option is available on request.
Flexible : Cancel up to 3 Days in advance for a full deposit refund
Map and itinerary
The map bellow indicate the itinerary of the activity.